This article is about HEC Commonwealth scholarships. Commonwealth scholarship is an initiative for overseas students representing commonwealth countries like Pakistan. Such as the candidates who are unable to finance their studies abroad. The Department for International Development of the UK provides funding for intelligent students. So that applicants continue their higher education in the UK. Besides, they will have access to outstanding facilities.
Commonwealth scholarships are for deserving students. Moreover, for the ones who have the capacity to make a difference.
In fact, roughly 800 students have the opportunity to pursue master’s programs.
- By offering chances for a variety of educational as well as practical interests.
- Also, by guaranteeing that our scholarships provide chances to all candidates. Especially those students who are competent.
This grant lasts 1 year for master’s students as well as 2 years for Ph.D. candidates.
Only students from the listed countries can register for Commonwealth Scholarship.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Sri Lanka
- Sierra Leone
- Also, South Africa
- St Helena
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Moreover, Tanzania
- The Gambia
- St Lucia
- Uganda, as well as
Following are the Commonwealth Scholarship programs that are available to talented candidates.
This commonwealth scholarship is available for Ph.D. students. Especially for those who chose to spend twelve months in the UK as part of their education in Pakistan.
The main goal of the split-site commonwealth scholarship:
To provide facilities and training to Ph.D. applicants from middle-class commonwealth nations. Also, contributing to the UK, commonwealth advanced learning as well as training. Furthermore, this can be done through cooperation and alliances.
This scholarship is in fact for full-time Master’s education in specific programs. Moreover, universities in the UK support it.
To encourage bright and dedicated students to achieve the expertise for economic growth. Especially for those who are unable to study in UK otherwise.
Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships:
This commonwealth scholarship is for Ph.D. students and it is a full-time program. Furthermore, it is at an institution in the UK.
These awards will improve participants’ research capacity in Commonwealth regions. It expands the educational capability in different sectors. Also, the aim is to make a contribution to higher education as well as research in the UK.
This grant is for a part-time Master’s study program on specific courses. However, the mode of instruction is online.
To offer training for master’s students because that isn’t accessible in their nation. Moreover, for the ones who want to stay in their homelands while studying.
As the name suggests it is for a Master’s study. Also, it is a full-time study program at UK institutes.
To support the growth of commonwealth nations. By training competent personnel in development sectors.
FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office) offers commonwealth scholarships under these six themes:.
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises.
- Technology and science for development
- Strengthening global peace, security as well as governance.
- Promoting global prosperity
- Access, inclusivity, and opportunity are also important factors.
- Strengthening the capacity as well as strength of health systems.
The focus of this grant is on the long-term development of students. Especially those candidates who need financial help for their studies. Although there are no limitations on your choice of program. But, the CSC prefers candidates whose courses are most related to their goals.
- Only the national or permanent resident of a commonwealth country can register. But, you are eligible if you’re a British-protected individual or an emigrant.
- Also, the applicant must hold an undergraduate degree. Moreover, if the student wants to pursue Ph.D. then he/she should hold a master’s degree.
- You need to show that you’re unable to pay for studying in the UK without this grant.
Each sort of commonwealth scholarship has different eligibility requirements.
Advantage Of HEC Commonwealth Scholarship:
Most scholarships are completely financed. Besides university charges, students will get a ticket as well as a housing stipend. Commonwealth Foundation grants are around $150,000 to 250,000 for a four-year period. These HEC commonwealth scholarships are to encourage the creative ideas of students. It improves the economy of their countries.
Following are the benefits:
The CSC pays for your flight from your home nation to the United Kingdom. At the end of the scholarship, the organization will pay for your return travel home.
The commonwealth scholarship also provides a stipend for warm clothing if applicable.
Extra luggage allowance is also available, subject to specific restrictions.
The stipend is available to fund transport costs. This is for educational purposes across the United Kingdom as well as internationally.
A living allowance is available for every scholarship recipient. This amount in fact fluctuates depending on where you live.
The commonwealth scholarship also compensates the exam fees of the host institute.
The allowance is also available to help with the expenses of writing a thesis proposal.
They return the costs of TB tests. The students had to take this test to register for this scholarship.
The grant is available for single or divorced parents. This is applicable only if the child lives at the same place as yours in the UK.
Following are the eligibility criteria for the commonwealth scholarship:
- The candidate should be a British-protected individual or a national of an approved Commonwealth region.
- Also, the applicant should be a legal or permanent citizen of a commonwealth country
- Be ready to begin your educational courses in the United Kingdom by Sept. 2022. Because this is the time for commencement of academic term in the UK
- The Student should have an upper second class undergraduate degree. Furthermore, the applicant must hold a related postgraduate certificate.
- The CSC wouldn’t generally sponsor a 2nd Masters’s program in the United Kingdom.
- You should be incapable of financing your studies in the United Kingdom without this grant.
- You should provide all required documents in the correct form.
- Candidates for the Ph.D. commonwealth scholarship should hold a Master’s degree in a related field. It should be equal to eighteen years of schooling.
CSC’s mission is to select bright students who have enough ability to create a difference. Thus, the commonwealth scholarship commission provides equal opportunities to all students. For this reason, they welcome entries from around the globe.
Every institute in the United Kingdom has different criteria for its courses. Students should see the online portal of the institute.
Following is a step-by-step guide for applying to the commonwealth scholarship by HEC Pakistan:
1st Step: To access the Commonwealth Scholarship’s EAS, go to the official site. Then, tap on the ‘Apply’ option on the top bar.
2nd Step: Fill up the Master or doctorate application form. Moreover, upload the necessary documentation.
3rd Step: Tap ‘Register’ on the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan’s official website.
4thStep: On the official HEC site, complete the basic and educational information.
5th Step: Tap the ‘Learning Opportunities Abroad’ option
6th Step: Enter the application for the course of your choice.
7th Step: Wait for assessments and interview calls by the Higher Education Commission.
8th Step: When you’re selected, you will need to send a photocopy of the form. Also, related papers and certificates.
The candidates should register for a Commonwealth Scholarship through the Higher Education Commission. HEC will administer exams and interviews. In fact, CSFP would not process the direct entries. If a candidate submits fake documentation, HEC Pakistan will dismiss him/her.
Documents For HEC Commonwealth scholarshipS:
Following is the list of important documents for the HEC Commonwealth scholarships:
- HEC registration form
- Commonwealth form
- Verified certificates
- Photocopy of CNIC
- Research proposal
- Also, domicile
- Reference letters – 2
- Study plan, as well as
- Moreover, the Statement of purpose
Depending on your selected study course, this set of documents may differ. Moreover, CSC does not need candidates to undertake the IELTS exam. But, it is possible that your selected course of study will demand it.
Selection Criteria for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship:
The CSC welcomes nominating agencies to make a limited amount of entries each year.
Following is a selection criterion for the evaluation of applications:
- Applicant’s academic excellence
- the competence in the study plan
- Possible influence on the growth of applicant’s homeland growth
- The candidate should choose 3 universities
- Choose relevant courses
- Be cautious and state the reason for selection. This is because you can not change the institution as well as the program after the stage of selection.
- The HEC commonwealth scholarship commission only sponsors full-time academic courses.
- The applicant can pursue only one course at a time.
- The CSC only provides funds for 1 year Master’s programs
- Thus, the program does not support MBA.
- The program provides funds to achieve 1 degree.
- Thus, it is only for students who finish their courses within the agreed time.
- The CSC has the right to reject the choices made by the candidate.
- If you wish to apply for this scholarship you should have to enroll in the chosen institutes.
- The student should leave the United Kingdom within 1 month of the end of the scholarship
- If you do not cooperate, CSC will cancel your stipend for the ticket and extra luggage.
The first batch of 175 Commonwealth Scholars came to the UK in 1960. After that, around 26,500 – 28,000 students received Commonwealth Scholarships. You will be able to connect with a wide group of scholars in your homeland via this network. Thus, it will promote your skill enhancement.
The CSC membership is free of cost and includes a variety of perks. The opportunity to join the events of former students in your homeland.
Every year, CSC (the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission) offers around 800 bright students a chance to earn an international degree. Moreover, opportunities for improving their abilities in a multicultural setting. All this for free. The British government will cover all costs for candidates who receive a commonwealth scholarship.
- Number of awards – around 750 – 850
- UK is the host nation
- Host institutions – Grants are awarded at leading universities in the United Kingdom
- Program – Scholarships are for master’s and PhD programs
- Advantages – University charges, ticket allowance as well as a grant for clothing. There is also a stipend for education-related transport charges.
- Key dates – The last date for submitting HEC documents is October 4th.
- Moreover, the deadline for Commonwealth scholarship applications is November 20th.
- If the submission is accepted, you will receive an email from the CSC informing you that you are selected
- Applicants are not asked for an IELTS test by the commonwealth scholarship commission.
- The CSC doesn’t charge applicants to register for its grants as well as awards.
- The CSC cannot offer you a document of reference or approval to stay in the UK